Full Review: Becca Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill Collection #ChampagneGlow

June 23, 2016


When Becca Cosmetics and Jaclyn Hill collaborated last year, I could't resist snapping up Champagne Pop as soon as pre-orders begun. Since receiving it, it has easily become one of my favourite and most used highlighters in my collection. 

I was over the moon when I heard that Jaclyn was collaborating with the Becca team again and was absolutely smitten when I saw the pieces popping up on social media. Incredibly, Becca actually sent me the ENTIRE collection. I may have slightly weed my pants a teeny bit when I opened up the package. A few tears were shed and a lot of squealing was had in my home that night. If you would like to hear my truthful thoughts on the entire collection, keep reading.




Within the collection, Becca x Jaclyn Hill released two limited edition pieces; the Champagne Collection Face Palette and the Champagne Collection Eye Palette, as well as two additional Champagne Pop pieces to their permanent line; the Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid and the Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured.

Firstly, the packaging of all pieces are absolutely stunning. I adore the packaging of the the face and eyeshadow palettes. They feel extremely high quality and luxe, especially with the inclusion of some incredible mirrors. I cannot fault the packaging at all and think they are gorgeous.

Please note, I am aware that Becca has pulled the eyeshadow palette due to discrepancies in the formula among the palettes. This is a whole separate issue and I will not be discussing anything regarding this in this review.

NOW ONTO THE SWATCHES!
Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop 
Within the palette you receive three blushes and two highlighters. I find all powder to be incredibly smooth and amazingly pigmented. So impressed with this face palette and I have been reaching for it regularly since I received it.

Rose Spritz: Light peachy, pink with gold shimmer. Borderline gold duochrome. Absolutely amazing.

Amaretto: Brown, neutral blush. Subtle gold shimmers. Very flattering and easy to wear with any look.

Pamplemousse: Rich warm pink. Subtle shimmers throughout. Gorgeous for summer months.

Champagne Pop: The original. Gorgeous, intense champagne highlight. 

Prosecco Pop: New gold highlight. Would be beautiful on deeper skintones. Works beautifully with CP.

Chardonnay, Champagne Toast, Cordial, Cognac, Bordeaux
 The eyeshadow palette comes with 5 different shades, from shimmery to matte. This palette goes with a more muted, mauve theme. I find the two shimmery shades slightly drier and chunkier than the rest unfortunately, however, I still love the shades. The two deepest shades are so smooth and creamy in texture and are favourites in my collection now.

Chardonnay: White frosted shadow with yellow gold shimmers throughout. Beautiful inner highlight.

Champagne Toast: Bronze,champagne colour. Really easy-to-wear everyday shade if you want some shimmer.

Cordial: Fantastic transition shade. Not too dark, not too light. Purple, mauve shade.

Cognac: A warmer medium brown. This shade is perfect for crease definition and deepening up the look.

Bordeaux: Dark, purple mauve shade. No shimmer and perfect to add some dimension.


Poured, Pressed, Liquid
Finally, Champagne Pop comes in three formulas now! Originally only the pressed powder, it now comes in a cream and liquid formula. All colours are the same, however, intensity varies between formulas. The Poured version is the least intense highlight version. 

Are you planning on picking up anything from the Becca Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill collection when it is released here in Australia on the 7th of July? I highly recommend the face palette, it is incredible!




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really want the face palette so badly! I hope it doesn't sell out at Sephora! Lovely swatches babe x

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo stunning. Definitely my favourite out of everything. Hope you get your hands on it!

      Delete