First Impressions: Rimmel Magnif'Eyes

April 05, 2016


I have never really been a big fan of these eyeshadow type sticks, but I was intrigued by this new release by Rimmel recently. The new Magnif'Eyes Eyeshadow and Kohl Kajal sticks/pencils/thingamabobs are said to be waterproof, crease proof and transfer proof. Keep reading to hear about my first impressions of them!





I received the two different shades - 'Kissed By A Rose Gold' and 'Back To Blacks'. The packaging is pretty average, it is nothing special but it does the job of keeping them airtight and moist. I do not notice any offensive scent to either side of the sticks. 

One end of the pen is a cream shadow and the other a thick kohl eyeliner. I find on both shades the eyeshadow applies beautifully. Pigmented and smooth. It glides on the lid. It doesn't set immediately which is great to blend the shadows out. The eyeliner side is also extremely pigmented and glides on perfectly as well. Straight off the bat, I was giving this product two thumbs up! Bonus, this product is so simple and easy to use it doesn't take much effort at all.

In terms of it's longevity I was again pleasantly surprised! I applied this directly over my eyelids (no primer and no powder shadows to set!) and it lasted perfect for the 4 hours I wore it. No creases, no smudging. It literally set bulletproof on my skin! Amazing. I tested it on my hand as well and after about 15 minutes when I went to wipe the product off it was completely stuck. I was hardcore scrubbing my hand and it still left residue on my hand.

Overall, I am giving this product two thumbs up! I can't wait to use these more and experiment with them some more and create some awesome eye looks!

Have you tried the new Rimmel Magnif'Eyes? Did you love them as much as me? Leave me a comment below and let me know!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm hooked to this product haha! It's actually so great. I feel like both sides work great as an eyeshadow really :P

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - such a great release by Rimmel. Fantastic formula!

      Delete
  2. I have a couple of these and absolutely love them! The rose gold shade is ma faave. So pigmented, creamy and lasts ages!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually so impressed by Rimmel - they've been releasing so many good products lately! Loving it!

      Delete