March Beauty Favourites 2016

March 31, 2016


Hmmm, when was the last time I did one of these? The last couple of months I've been taking it easier on the makeup front. Opting for a natural approach to my daily makeup routine (usually not wearing any makeup at all!) so that is why my March favourites don't heavily feature too many makeup products! If you want to find out what I've been loving in March keep reading!



Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Cream
I've never really ventured too much into the world of Jurlique skin care, but my golly, I am in love! I've basically changed up my entire skin care routine to incorporate Jurlique products. Firstly, the packaging is awesome. It feels luxurious and heavy in weight, fancy! It also smells very "home"y. For a night moisturiser, the Herbal Recovery Night Cream sinks in super fast without making my skin feel yucky or clogged up like a lot of other do. You can read more here!

Jurlique Balancing Day Care Cream
This day cream is meant to work at providing moisture all day to your skin while also helping to fill and reduce any fine lines or wrinkles. The only problem I can find in this product is that it doesn't contain any SPF in it which is unusual in a day moisturiser. You only need the slightest pea sized amount to ensure your face doesn't get too greasy or heavy. Have a read about this product here.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold
I know I'm a bit late to the Liquid Gold bandwagon, but I honestly am surprised by the results! I got this last year from the Obsession event (yes, probs shouldn't even be using it anymore) but never really bothered with adding a toner type step to my skincare regime. However, I have really been upping my skincare game the last couple months as prep for my wedding so I decided to bust this out. I use it after cleansing, but before moisturising every second or third night. I find that after I use Liquid Gold my skin is smoother and my pores seem smaller and more refined. I am throughly impressed and will be keeping my eye out on sales on this gem! Read more about Liquid Gold here.


Nars Laguna, Stefan Makeup 'Black' eyebrow shade, Stila Caramello, Maybelline Hypersharp
Nars Laguna
I know this is a cult-favourite and I have always really liked it but I just never constantly reached for it until this month. It is the perfect warmth without being orange on my ghostly skin yet can be used for a subtle, natural contour shade. The tiny glitter flecks work in its favour by making the skin look dimensional and actually skin-like. I picked mine up from Mecca for a small fortune, but if you are struggling to find a natural bronzer than consider giving this bad boy a whirl!

Stefan Makeup Eyebrow Shaper kit
You already know about my love for the Stefan Makeup 4 Colour Concealer quad, but now it is time to talk about the next thing I've been loving from the brand. This eyebrow kit includes 6 different shades which you can use to create the perfect Instagram/ombre brow. I personally only really use the black shade because it is the perfect intensity and opaqueness to create super natural but defined brows. But don't think I haven't been making the most of the other 5 shades! They work great as eyeshadows, and it is such a convenient little kit for travelling! You can purchase it from here.

Stila Caramello
I got this little mini-sized liquid lipstick from their holiday collection but they do sell the full size in Mecca too if you missed that. This is my favourite nude liquid lipstick right now. The formula is amazing and lasts a lifetime on me without drying the shit out of my lips. It is actually the perfect slightly-darker nude shade for my skintone which I find super difficult! I will be needing to pick up the full-size soon because I actually cannot put this down! 

Maybelline Hypersharp Wing liquid liner
Always a fan of the Master Precise liquid liner by Maybelline, I thought I would give the Hypersharp a trial because so many InstabeautyAU babes have raved about it! WOAH WOAH WOOOOAH. This thing is awesome. It gets right up to my lash line super easy and it has great flexibility to create the most flawless wing you've ever seen. The formula hasn't flaked or smudged or anything through the day which gives it two thumbs up from me!

So that is all my beauty favourites for the month of March for 2016. I know it isn't much, but I haven't been wearing or experimenting with too much new beauty products this month. Sozzzz.

What products did you love this month? Anything I should try out? Leave me a comment below!

Jacquelyn xx

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love Liquid Gold too, need to buy a new bottle! I wish Stila Caramello would work on me, it's a little too pale for my skin tone to wear alone, but I've started using it mixed with other colours :) xx

    Daniela | MissNewBeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you saw my latest sefie on Insty, I was wearing it! It literally suits my pasty skin so well. It's like the perfect nude for me hahah!

      I am seriously in love with Liquid Gold, omg!

      Delete
  2. Ooooo Caramello looks NICE! I'm the same with make up this month! I've been all about skin care! The LUSH Cup of Coffee Face and Body Mask has been my jam for the last two weeks. I leave it in the fridge so it's nice and refreshing!! <3

    Tahana
    www.tahanalee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In love with Caramello - also the Stila Liquid Lip formula. So good!
      I've heard about that - does it smell absolutely delicious?

      Delete
  3. That Stila liquid lipstick looks so nice! I also own and love the Maybelline HyperSharp wing! x

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Definitely my go to colour right now! Yes, its the easiest thing to use to create a bomb wing!

      Delete
  4. Liquid gold has become a staple for me! I totally notice it helping even skin texture and tone :)) I've also been obsessed with Caramello! On it's own, it's a bit too nude for me (unless I'm rocking an intense smoky eye which is unlikely haha) but I freaking LOVE it mixed with other liquid lipsticks! It pretty much just tones the other shade down, makes it more nude and a teensy bit more brown. I lurveee it!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Caramello in my latest Insty selfie and it suits me so well. Pale lyf haha! Glad you can still rock it with other colours though - I love the formula!

      Delete
  5. Great favorites. That liquid gold sounds lovely! I also sometimes take a little break from the makeup.

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just need to have a breather from it! :)

      Delete
  6. Liquid gold is just soooooo incredible! It helps my acne vanish hahaha, or like become significantly smaller so quickly! Sucks that it is so damn pricey though! x

    Katina | www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete