BYS Blushers - reviews and swatches

August 10, 2014



I've been requested quite a few times to do a review of the BYS blushers. BYS is one of the cheapest brands of makeup in Australia and can be found in places like Kmart or $2 type shops (Reject Shop, Crazy Clarks... etc). I know many people who avoid BYS because they are a "cheap" brand therefore quality isn't as good. To be honest, I've only ever really tried their blushes and nail polishes, both of which I am extremely pleased with! All their single blushes are less than $5 from memory and the trio blush I think can be found from Kmart for just over $5. Absolute bargain prices. 


Single blushers contain 5grams of product and their trio blushers contain 8grams of product. A huge amount when you compare a $32 MAC blush powder refill with 6grams of product.


Fierce Fuchsia, Pretty in Pink, Candyfloss, Coral - Natural lighting

Blush Trio in Heart Skipped a Beat - Natural lighting
As you can see in the photos, the pigmentation of these blushes is fantastic. The one I've been using the most lately it Fierce Fuchsia as I think the reddy-pink tone is so flattering and can give a natural flush. As they are so pigmented, you really need to have a light, and I really do emphasise LIGHT hand in picking up products. I have heard of issues with blending, but I have never experienced any issues. Just use a small amount and buff.

It is hard to pick up on camera but these blushes are quite powdery. Not chalky, just when you tap your brush in a fair bit of loose particles fly around. Be wary of that, it can be a messy experience.


Another thing I want to mention in this review is the colour range. All seven of the above swatches are different. Every single one. The colour range is fantastic and there are still more I want to pick up! Also, the blush trio I have has such a unique range of colours. That purple colour! I have never, never, eveeeeer seen a purple blush in the drugstore. 

The lasting power of these is average. By average I mean they last at least 4-5 hours on my oily/combo skin. Quite impressive for something so affordable.

Pros: 
Excellent colour range
Affordable
Lasting power is decent
Extremely pigmented
Simple, non-bulky packaging 

Cons:
Powdery
Extremely pigmented haha

Overall, I am extremely pleased with BYS blushers and definitely recommend them, especially to people beginning with makeup and don't want to spend a fortune on blush!

Have you tried BYS blushers at all before? Do you like them like I do?

Jacquelyn xx


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Candyfloss is my absolute favourite! I always go back to it. The formula is really nice too and it's such a bargain!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete