Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Review + lip swatches!

June 19, 2014


So you have all probably already heard about the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (OCC) Lip Tars and what a revolutionary/interesting product they are. Anyways, I purchased all six of mine off Lipstick Republic for about $18. So basically, if you weren't aware, lip tars are basically a liquid consistency type of lip colour product. They have amazing pigmentation and you literally need a drop to do your entire mouth, therefore the small little tube will last you an eternity! Similar to regular lipsticks, you can mix the different colour to create your own particular shade, however, the liquid consistency of the tars allow you to easily blend and mix. 
L-R: Grandma, Ophelia, Trollop, Anime, Memento, Feathered
(No flash - natural sunlight)
(Flash - don't mind the way "Grandma" looks here, I accidentally wiped away the product)

Grandma: An orangey shade, bordering red. I didn't apply much on my lips, hence why it looks quite pale. There was no real streaking apparent when I used this colour.

Opehlia: A light, nudey pink. This one appears to be quite sheer and more glossy than the rest of the ones I own. This is a great everyday colour as it still has enough colour to cover any problem areas on your lips. Due to the lighter colour, it does tend to streak at times during application.

Trollop: One of my favourite shades. This one is a coral, pinky shade and is extremely wearable for everyday. It is in the same area of colour as Lime Crime Geradium.

Anime: A fushcia toned hot pink. The most intense of the ones I own and also the most pigmented out of the ones I own. Absolutely love this colour. This one in particular applies crazy smooth and easily - no streaking etc.

Memento: Another nudey pink colour - how many did I need to purchase?! This one is like a mixture between Ophelia and Trollop. In lipstick form, I think this one is quite similar to Creme Cup by Mac. A little streaking, but nothing crazy.

Feathered: This is basically a whiteout for your lips. I bought this specifically to mix with other colours to make lighter etc. And thank goodness for that... because this shade streaks like crazy. I don't know if you can see in the pic, but it took me forever to get a decent coverage or something without patches. Worst of the formulas. 

Pros:
Intense pigmentation on majority of shades
Use only the smallest, tiniest, minuscule amount
Relatively inexpensive considering Australian pricing
Lovely peppermint scent - omg
Last a decent time and will stain slightly
Crazy amount of different colours and finishes

Cons:
Can be streaky
Generally need to be applied with a brush - not very convenient and time consuming
Product can separate in tube and be hard to mix again

I do love my Lip Tars and I plan on purchasing more shades in the future including the entire Black Dahlia range because it looks absolutely stunning. I wish it was easier to apply and more convenient to bring with me in my handbag, but thats something I can deal with. Plus I loveeee the fact you get so much that will last you a lifetime.

Have you got any OCC Lip Tars? Any recommendations for me?

Jacquelyn xx






You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Anime looks so pretty! I wish that the lip tars were a bit quicker and easier to apply. Maybe i'm just lazy haha. ♡

    Eila | theblushingbrunettes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That is the biggest issue with them... I usually end up using a lipstick because I can chuck it in my bag and touch it up relatively easy during the day!

      Delete
  2. Anime looks stunning on your lips ,,I need these soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the OCC lip tars. They are especially great for using on other people when you do their makeup :) I have a couple of nudes & a purple one :) the Sleek pout paints are a good dupe that you can get from the Sleek website for under $10 ;)
    www.kateflowermaquillage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dem lips!!! Awesome swatches girl.
    I love the look of Anime :)

    Sarah | bowsandpleats

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, now I've stumbled on the lipstick republic sale. Not good for my wallet :0 hahah

    ReplyDelete